Vacation Bible School
Your VBS Can Have Global Impact
Planning your Vacation Bible School? Your church can partner with neverthirst to advance the gospel through clean water worldwide this summer.
Over 785 million people live without access to clean water today, and we believe the global Church can combat this crisis. Lack of clean water is the #1 health crisis facing the world today, and over 829,000 people die every year from preventable waterborne disease like diarrhea.
While the numbers are staggering, the communities scattered, and waterborne diseases rampant, we believe there are tangible solutions to the water crisis that will save countless lives. Since 2008, neverthirst has provided over 707,272 people with access to clean water through local churches in India, South Sudan, Uganda, Chad, Myanmar, Nepal, and Cambodia.
Your church can serve unreached people groups in these countries—through access to clean and living water.
How to Give Clean Water Through Your VBS
It is a very simple process for your church to partner with neverthirst and raise money to help fund ongoing water projects. We are here to make this as easy as possible for you, so you can focus on leading an incredible VBS week!
Your Free VBS Kit will include:
• Poster photos of the water crisis and solutions from neverthirst
• Yellow jerry cans to set up around the church to remind attendees of mission focus
• A video to share with your congregation the Sunday before VBS or one day during the week
• Informative brochures to send home with the kids during the week
• neverthirst bracelets and stickers for all your attendees
• Optional: neverthirst can send a representative to share about our mission, address your church body or VBS leaders/attendees during the week
• We’ll work with you to build a fundraising goal, and brainstorm creative ways to infuse the giving focus into your VBS plan. For goals over $3,500, you will receive a custom report with photos, GPS coordinates, and testimonies, once your project is funded, so you can show your participants and congregation how their giving played a role in helping to advance the gospel through clean water worldwide.
5 Ideas from Previous VBS Partners
Here’s a few ideas from church partners on how they motivated the church and kids to participate:
- Grade-specific buckets were placed in the common meeting area where kids and family could put their money each day.
- The money was counted each day, and the grade that raised the most that day received prizes (i.e. candy).
- The leaders talked about the progress toward the goal during closing each day to motivate the children to participate.
- A jerry can image was drawn similar to a fundraising “thermometer”, a “wishing well” was built out of construction paper etc for kids to drop money in, etc.
- Host a LemonAID stand and hand out the information neverthirst supplies.
Want to chat with a VBS leader who has partnered with neverthirst before? Contact:
- Jonathan Williams, FBC Pelham - Jwilliams@fbcpelham.org
- Raleigh Macoy, Briarwood Presbyterian Church - RMacoy@briarwood.org
- Tracy Moore, VBS Director for First Baptist Church of Trussville - email@example.com
Fundraise with Peace of Mind
neverthirst is a trusted non-profit that is operated with the highest integrity. We are continually rated as a 4-Star charity by Charity Navigator for how we use the gifts we receive. You can be confident that when you share with your faith family about neverthirst, the money you raise is used to advance the gospel through clean water worldwide just as you intended.
Contact Us to Get Started
Interested in more information? We are happy to connect with you in person or on a call to discuss more about how we could partner together or answer any questions you may have.